One hundred and fifty-eight years ago a group of farmers and ranchers decided to have a friendly competition-a little agricultural show-in Fort Jones, and that same event continues today in Yreka at the Siskiyou Golden Fairgrounds.The Siskiyou Golden Fair brings friends and families together to celebrate our culture, heritage and traditions while showcasing all that is good in our communities. This year the fair runs August 9-13 and these are the first ten things you don’t want to miss at the Siskiyou Golden Fair.
1. Presale ticket savings – Save 60% on the great Paul Maurer Shows Carnival by purchasing a golden ticket and ride all week for only $70.00. Also offered are a 5- pack of admission tickets for $25.00 and a single day ride all day carnival coupon for $25.00, both a savings off of fair time prices – only available until August 9 @ 3:00 pm at the fair office or online at sisqfair.com.
2. Capt’n Jack Spareribs – A friendly pirate show that is sure to please the young and young at heart. Be sure to take in the show with the 10th D.A.A. Friends of the Fair on mall one.
3. The KRS Realty Kids Arts Zone provided by Bella Art Works in the Home Arts Building! A great place to spend some time with the little ones.
4. Marc &Tina Whiteman/Black Bear Diner Trackless Train – Returning for 2017 to take you around the grounds!
5. Redding Bank of Commerce strolling act – Buki the Clown – amazing balloon art.
6. Junior Fair Board Stick Horse Rodeo – Saturday in the Dustin Brown Landscaping Small Show Ring.
7. Johnny Cash Tribute – Presented by the Red Scarf Society on the Siskiyou Central Credit Union Mall Stage on Thursday August 10, followed by Pepsi’s Left of Centre Band straight out of Las Vegas!
8. The Scott Valley Bank Grandstand – Wonderland Distributing Red Neck Roundup, Friday Night, SVB Rodeo on Saturday and the McDonald’s Destruction Derby on Sunday.
9. The all new ventriloquist stage and the western chainsaw carvers presented by Etna Brewing Co.
10. The Junior Livestock Auction on Sunday August 13 starting at 10:00 am.
For more information, contact the fair office at 842-2767 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2017 fair “Pioneer Days to Modern Way” will run August 9-13, 2017 in Yreka.Share on Facebook